We can probably all agree 2020 was the year of being flexible. Maybe your team had to work from home, or shuffle shifts at a moment’s notice.
Whatever changed for your business, one thing’s clear: traditional timesheets and payroll systems simply can’t keep up with today’s workforce. It takes something simpler, smarter and more agile – which is why Wageloch comes in both web and mobile versions offering e-rostering solutions, mobile clocking, electronic timesheet software and a lot more.
6 challenges with traditional timesheets and rosters
Standard systems fall short across the board. Here are some challenges you might experience if you stick with traditional timesheets and rosters:
- Wasted time and hours checking the right person is in the right place, at the right time – especially with remote jobs.
- Inaccurate records, and missed or incorrect payments.
- Not being able to integrate timesheets (or time tracking apps like Clockify) with your rostering and payroll.
- Difficulty managing teams who work from home or remotely.
- Not knowing which award rates to apply.
- Difficulty calculating labour costs, and comparing your forecast with actual attendance.
This year’s global pandemic showed that the old ways of doing business just don’t stack up. When you need to offer new ways of working – and change up how your staff, subcontractors or customers access sites – you need tools that can pivot with you, without any downtime or room for error.
5 tips to build a flexible business
There are some simple things you can do to keep things running smoothly – even when you can’t get into the office:
- Choose an all-in-one system like Wageloch, which brings all your clocking, rostering and timesheeting tools onto one platform – as well as individual award data. This can save you hours of work each week.
- Look for software that offers both desktop and mobile versions, so you can access everything on-the-go – as well as easily share rosters with staff, and allow them to apply for leave or show when they’re unavailable to work. An online attendance software system as one offered by Wageloch makes your work easy.
- Integrate timesheets with your payroll. That way, you can instantly generate files and feed them to your payroll system –practically eliminating manual data entry. Wageloch does this with MYOB, Xero, Reckon and other leading providers.
- Create a clear audit trail. You can do this by comparing your forecast roster with the hours your staff actually worked. If you have Wageloch, you can see your roster and timesheets side-by-side, so it’s easier and quicker to compare and make smarter rostering decisions.
- Use digital clocking devices to safely, securely and accurately track who goes where and when.
Tackling timesheets on-the-go
With smarter timesheet app on all your devices, you can breathe easy amidst all the stress of rescheduling staff and jobs. And if you or your accounting team are working remotely, there’s no need to go into the office to access records or have staff specifically calculating timesheets for them to send across.
Plus, if you use a digital clocking device like mobile clocking, or an iris or fingerprint scanner, it’s a lot easier to have a view of your team across multiple locations. Wageloch simplifies employee time tracking to manage remote workers as well as in-office staff.
As we look ahead to 2021, doing business from your pocket is going to become the ‘new normal’. So you’ll need a timesheet, payroll and roster system that moves with you.
If you’d like to see the best options for your business, book a demo with our local team today.